Planning packing and stressing
04.10.2007 - 22.10.2007 27 °C
Ideally before booking any flights it helps to know where you are going and what it is you hope to do… some would call this dreaming or planing or if written down with dates and destinations or activities this might even become a itinerary.
For me I had a totally different experience:
My friend Nat invited me to attend her wedding back in 2005, so come 2007 I thought I’d missed it. Well one thing I can say about Nat is that she is organised hence when I wished her a happy New Year and apologised for missing the wedding she’s like “Missed it? It’s this year!” So sorting my life out (as much as this man can) I booked flights and accommodation to Rarotonga, flying via NZ with two weeks stop over in NZ after the actual wedding.
Well I’ve been to New Zealand about 8-9 times with most of these being between the age of 0-9 and my most recent trip in 2004. (Another story or two here, if I’m feeling generous I might write this up as another entry).
Any way the wedding became closer and closer and conversations began in earnest with my family (Mother, Aunt, Uncle and Cousin) and ofcourse friends, about where and what I should plan to do…
The following mud map of an Itinerary grew into existence:
• Depart Brisbane Airport 11:30 Air NZ NZ136 and
• Arrive in Auckland at 17:30
• 21:45 I take Air NZ flight No. NZ 848
• Arriving at Rarotonga at 02:40 on the 5th.
Take transfer to Club Raro
• Nat’s Wedding on beach at sunrise!
• Punanga Nui Market
• Day excursion?
• Go To Church
• Explore Island
• Depart the Cook Islands on NZ 45 at 15:45
• Arriving in Auckland at 19:15
• Inter City Coach lines 6503 at 19:50
• Arrive at Hamilton at 21:50
• Stay with Dennis and Susie
• Spend Day with Dennis
• Head to Rotorua
• Stay at Waiteti Trout Stream Holiday Park 14 Okona Crescent, Ngongotaha Rotorua
• Trout Man?
• Trout Man?
• Side Trip to Waitomo Blackwater Rafting/ Caving
• Palmerston North Hana
• Explore rivers between?
• Wellington exploration
• Stay at Wellington top 10 Holiday Park 95 Hutt Park Road, Lower Hutt
• Lower Hutt collection point 8 am Wainuiomata Catchment Walking Tour
• Depart Wellington take ferry to Picton
• Picton to Nelson
• Staying at Pinedale Motor Camp 820 Wakamarina Road Canvastown
• Attempt to book Back country pass(Greenstone Valley)
• Explore Nelson/rivers and streams…
• Visit Greymouth – The Jade Boulder Gallery
• Reefton – explore Gold mine/ Visit Flights Gallery
• Hukawai Glacier centre / Day walk at Fox Glacier
• Staying at Kingston Motels & Holiday Park 16 Kent St Kingston
• Greenstone River / Alternative Day trip on Milford Sound
• Travel to
• Greenstone River / Start southern Scenic route trip to Invercargill
• Greenstone River / Southern Scenic route
• Travel to Dunedin
• Stay at Argyll Farm 246 Clutha River Road Clydevale Balalutha
Sunday 21/10/07: Dunedin
• Visit Cadbury Factory
• Speight's heritage brewery & the speight's ale house
• Return to Christchurch
• Fly out of Christchurch on Flight No.NZ 803 leaving at 15.10
• Arriving in Brisbane at 16.00
Well this was the plan (I knew it was about as likely as meeting the girl of your dreams but hey if your not optimistic she might just look you in the eyes and walk on bye).